Schedule a ConsultationCall our cosmetic concierge at 855-793-2868 or fill in the form to get in touch.
Before & After Photos
The Road to Smoother Looking Skin Begins Here…
If you have ever looked at yourself and wondered what you could do to make your skin softer…if you vaguely remember that fresh glow you once had…or wished you could do something about those unsightly marks on your skin, stop wondering. We may have a solution: Microdermabrasion.
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a simple nonsurgical, nonchemical procedure that has been shown to be effective in reducing the appearance of fine lines, age spots, acne scars, stretch marks, and other mild skin imperfections around the face, neck and hands. The procedure helps improve uneven pigmentation in the skin and can reduce the size of enlarged pores. Several published studies have even shown Microdermabrasion to stimulate new collagen formation and thicken the skin, giving the skin a tighter, younger look, feel and glow.
Using a small hard piece that carefully delivers tiny crystals onto the skin, we will gently exfoliate the upper-most layers of the skin. Through this light scraping technique, under suction, dead flaky cells are removed, pores are unclogged, and the production of new cells and collagen is stimulated.
The unwanted skin is vacuumed away, revealing a fresh, new layer. Treatments are provided in multiple sessions, generally scheduled 2 to 4 weeks apart, with each session usually taking less than 30 minutes. The number of treatments needed depends on the state of your skin, as determined by your physician. However, improvements to your skin can be seen immediately.
Usually, two passes are done, often at different power settings. Occasionally, we may concentrate on a problematic area.
The procedure has been proven safe and effective for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, sun-damaged skin, acne/acne scars, excess oils, blackheads/whiteheads, stretch marks, pore size and superficial age spots. For more dramatic improvement we suggest some of our other laser devises like Fraxel®, Thermage®, Laser Resurfacing with carbon dioxide and/or Erbium, Smoothbeam®, Lyra®, or other devices such as Quantum IPL®. Additional information about these treatments can be found on our website. Specific brochures are available in our office.
Because this technique is quick, noninvasive and results in virtually no long-term patient discomfort, it has become one of the most popular cosmetic skin care procedures today.
Proven Effective For Treatment of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sun damaged skin.
- Acne/acne scars.
- Excess oils.
- Enlarged pores.
- Superficial age spots.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Microdermabrasion is a nonsurgical procedure; no anesthesia is required.
- Newly exposed skin gives a healthy, fresh, smoother appearance.
- Virtually no significant recovery time necessary; no need to delay regular activities (microdermabrasion is often referred to as a”lunch time peel”).
- Microdermabrasion is ideal for people who react negatively to chemicals.
- May help brighten dull, textured, sun-damaged skin.
- Can be used to treat any skin type or skin color-from the darkest skin color, for which many laser treatments are restricted, to the fairest skin colors.
- It is a quick, simple low-cost procedure that results in minimal to no discomfort.
Who should consider Microdermabrasion?
- Patients who cannot afford to take time off to heal from chemicals or lasers.
- Active patients who don’t want to put off outdoor or social activities like tennis, golf or skiing.
- Patients with skin that is sensitive to chemicals or make-up.
- Patients with acne-prone skin that has not responded well to acne remedies.
- Younger patients with early skin changes who wish for softer, smoother skin.
The best candidates for Microdermabrasion are women and men who have:
- Good skin tone.
- Good health.
- Realistic expectations.
To find out more about Microdermabrasion, please call one of our offices to schedule a consultation. We will be happy to discuss how Microdermabrasion can work for you.