Finding a Dermatologist in Queens (Bayside, Fresh Meadows and Flushing)
Finding a dermatologist in Queens can be a bit of work, but with the tips provided here, we are hoping the process will be quick and painless! If you are looking for a dermatologist in the Bayside, Fresh Meadows, Flushing area the following advice should help you narrow down your search.
Before seeking the help of any physician you should first know what you are seeking treatment for. This leaves us with the question: What do dermatologists treat? Dermatologists see patients for a multitude of skin, hair and nail related disorders. This includes but is certainly not limited to the following:
- Contact Dermatitis
- Dry skin
- Fungal infections
- Excessive sweating
- Moles, growths, and bumps
- Skin cancer
- Cosmetic Treatments
Dermatologists see patients of all ages, whether you are looking for appointments for your children or yourself a dermatologist in Queens will be able to treat everyone.
There are general traits patients look for when choosing a dermatologist:
- Board Certified
- Range of Services – You want to find a physician that can provide a multitude of services. Your initial appointment may be to have a skin cancer check, but perhaps at a later date you’d like to get lip fillers or another cosmetic treatment?
- Facility – Your health and safety is the most important thing. Making sure the physician’s facility is clean and orderly is something to consider.
- Bedside Manner – You may have seen this term thrown around review sites in regards to a doctor. Bedside manner is defined as “a doctor’s approach or attitude toward a patient.”
- Good Diagnostician – Make sure the dermatologist you are about to see diagnoses skin conditions correctly, especially if you are being seen for skin cancer.
- Physician’s Sex – Some patients may feel more comfortable seeing a physician of the same sex or the opposite. It is all based on your preference, and at times can be a determining factor for a patient.
- Overall customer service – You want your entire experience to be a positive one, that means all of your interactions with the staff from your initial phone call with the front desk to the doctor’s bedside manner.
It is important to note that dermatologists are equipped to handle a number of different types of cases. According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) dermatologists receive training the following:
- Medical Dermatology – Doctors are able to examine, treat and diagnose the dermatology concerns.
- Dermatopathology – Diagnosing skin conditions by examining under a microscope.
- Surgical Dermatology – Treating dermatological conditions through surgery.
- Cosmetic Dermatology – Procedures intended to enhance a person’s appearance.
Do any of those sound like something you’re interested in? Then it’s time to take your next step in finding a dermatologist in Queens. Here are some things to do before booking your first appointment.
- The doctor knows best, right? Ask your primary physician for a list of referring dermatologists in the Queens area.
- Use the physician directory provided by your insurance to see what dermatologists in Queens are currently accepting your insurance. This search process will help you narrow down your choices.
- Research the doctor’s credentials – You want to find a physician that is board-certified. This certification means the physician successfully completed the required education and residency. It also means they have a license to practice medicine (extremely important, of course).
- Read their biography – Generally all websites have a section for patients to learn more about their physicians. It usually includes some information about where the physician is from, where they received their education, sometimes projects they’ve worked on and even what they enjoy doing in their personal life.
Once you know more about the doctor and have decided on a few you would like to visit, check their availability. Finding a doctor you like is great, but finding one that works with your schedule is even better. Use websites like ZocDoc, to find doctor’s availability, location and even see if they take your insurance.
Finding a dermatologist in the Bayside, Fresh Meadows and Flushing has never been easier!
Advanced Dermatology Queens, NY Locations:
58-47 188th ST.
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
73-08 Springfield Blvd.
Bayside, NY 11364
These offices provide dermatological and cosmetic services to the neighborhoods of Fresh Meadows, Bayside, Flushing and surrounding areas.