Remember when your skin was soft, clear, and radiant as a child’s? Over time the effects of sun, wind, cold and pollution began to take their toll. Now that you’re living healthier, eating better and keeping fit, you want the image in your mirror to reflect the way you feel about yourself. Often this means undoing years of wear and tear on your skin, transforming and revitalizing the visible signs of aging.
Signs of Aging Skin
Facial skin tends to loosen and sag with time. Fine lines appear near the eyes, on and around the lips, and even across the cheeks. Creases deepen around the mouth and between the eyebrows.
Any number of environmental assailants may accelerate lines and wrinkling. Cigarette smoke, stress, cumulative lifetime sun exposure, poor nutrition, pollution and alcohol can all spell disaster for your skin.
The SilkTouch CO2 laser is a revolutionary technology for skin resurfacing and was the first to be approved by the FDA for wrinkle removal. Your physician uses SilkTouch like an artist’s brush, tailoring the skin resurfacing procedure to your individual needs. Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth can be smoothed. Deep laugh and frown creases can be softened. Some acne and surgical scars can be minimized. The surface of the skin can be “freshened”, revealing the new skin underneath and also stimulating a renewal of the skin’s collagen for a softer, silkier and smoother appearance.
The SilkTouch laser has several advantages over a chemical peel and dermabrasion. There is no blood loss, the risk of scarring is minimal and your doctor has the ability to precisely control the depth of skin removal.
Even delicate areas on the lips and around the eyes can be resurfaced by the SilkTouch, safely, without bleeding. Depending upon the type and depth of the wrinkle or scar, one or more sessions may be scheduled. SilkTouch resurfacing of the entire face may delay the need for a comprehensive, invasive facelift. SilkTouch is also used after facelifts or eyelid surgery to smooth any Fine lines that remain, so that the outward signs of age and the environment are diminished. Your skin is revitalized. Transformed.
Short Recovery Time
Generally patients enjoy a short recovery time after SilkTouch skin resurfacing, with minimal disruption of their routine. Your physician will prescribe an ointment or wound care regimen to keep the healing areas moist, especially during the first week.
The initial redness fades in a few weeks to light pink, which is easily camouflaged with cosmetics and usually disappears completely in one to three months. Some swelling may occur, particularly around the eyes.
It is important to use a sunscreen with SPF 15 protection against UVA and UVB rays, and to avoid sun exposure for several months as this can cause changes in pigmentation. Some patients may experience transient spots of hyper- or hypo-pigmentation (coloration or discoloration); these conditions often resolve themselves in four weeks.
Is SilkTouch Right for You?
Your physician will take your medical history, age, skin type (including pigmentation) and desired results into consideration to determine whether you are a good candidate for SilkTouch skin resurfacing. Be sure to mention any viral infections, sun sensitivity, accutane use within the past year, problems with healing or prior chemical peels or dermabrasions.
You will want to discuss with your physician the type of skin improvement you hope to achieve. Together you can decide if your expectations are realistic, and redefine your goals if necessary.
The SilkTouch Transformation
Before & After Treatment Results
Our Doctors in the News
- Which Age-Defying Method Is Right for You?
- How to look your best during each decade of your life.
- Lasers Aint Just For Luke Skywalker Anymore
- SKIN SIGNS OF AGING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM: Leading dermatologist Dr. Joshua Fox discusses symptoms & solutions.
- LASER TREATMENTS FOR YOUNGER-LOOKING SKIN
- New Painless Treatments for Varicose Veins
- THEY’RE NOT YOUR MOTHER’S VARICOSE VEINS
- HEALTH: SCLEROTHERAPY AND LASER THERAPY TREATMENTS FOR VARICOSE VEINS
- FOR BEAUTIFUL LIPS, A HOST OF SIMPLE AND SPEEDY PROCEDURES IS AVAILABLE
- Pulse-dye Treatment Eliminates Stretch Marks
- New Laser Technique Takes Aim To Make Stretch Marks Disappear
- Fresh Meadows Doctor Develops Laser System for Stretch Marks
- Treatments or Remedies to Reduce Fade or Rid Stretch Marks and Prevention
- WRINKLE REDUCTION
- COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES INCREASE.
- Skin Care in Your 40s
- FALSE EXPECTATIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- VIEW MORE OF OUR DOCTOR’S IN THE NEWS ARTICLES
- UNIQUE LASER TREATMENT GIVES ACNE AND SCARRING A “ONE-TWO PUNCH”: SmoothbeamTM offers non-ablative approach to reducing acne breakouts, plumping scars.
- ZAPPING ZITS: Expert Discusses Non-Medication Treatments for Acne.