Dr. Joshua Fox is the medical director of Advanced Dermatology P.C. and this month’s featured doctor. Each month we will feature an Advanced Dermatology doctor to help you get to know our staff a little bit better.
- Dr. Fox was the first to treat stretch marks using lasers, and was featured in the media for his innovative technique – which is now widely used.
- He is known as an expert in the field of dermatology, especially his focus on skin cancer, cosmetic surgery, and laser procedures.
- Expert resource on dermatological topics for major television networks, radio stations, and national newspapers and magazines.
- Received multiple research and clinical awards including recognition from Top Doctors, Castle Connolly, Doctor’s Choice Awards, Who’s Who, and the International Society of Dermatology. He also received the prestigious Husic Award for Most Outstanding Research.
- Recognized by multiple hospitals, civic, educational and community organizations
- Held positions on the advisory boards for the National Psoriasis Foundation, National Rosacea Foundation and more.
- In addition to being a physician he is also an educator, and has worked towards developing community screening programs – increasing skin cancer awareness and prevention.
- Developed a dermatology and skin cancer research and advocacy forum for patients and physicians, called the New Age Skin Research Foundation.
Undergraduate: Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
Doctorate: Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
Internship: Internal Medicine, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Residency: Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Board of Dermatology
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- American College of Phlebotomy
- Nassau County Medical Society
- American Contact Dermatitis Society
- National Psoriasis Foundation
- American Medical Association
- New York County Medical Society
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- New York State Society for Dermatology/Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine/Surgery
- Queens County Medical Society
- Council for Nail Disorders
- Society of Investigative Dermatology
- Dermatology Foundation
- Society of International Dermatology
- International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology
- Skin Cancer Foundation
- Long Island Dermatological Society
- Suffolk County Medical Society
- National Rosacea Foundation
- Rhinophyma: Tips for Dealing with a Large, Red Nose
- Three Types of Fungi Responsible for Most Fungal Skin Infections