Dr. Francis Dispaltro is our featured doctor for the month of March. He has been an associate of Advanced Dermatology since 2003. Prior to working at Advanced Dermatology Dr. Dispaltro had an interesting past working with the United States Army.
Undergraduate: Biology, Binghamton University
Medical Degree: Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Internship: General Surgery, Flushing Hospital and Medical Center
Immunology and Photopheresis, Morristown Memorial Hospital
Clinical Research, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
Internal Medicine, New York Hospital – Cornell Medical Center
Dermatology, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center Department of Dermatology
Dr. Dispaltro was a Captain in the United States Army Medical Corps and served as the Chief of the clinic at The Kimbrough Army Hospital in Maryland. He has proven to be an expert in his field and has even given presentations at the national meetings of the American Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Dispaltro is skilled in both medical and cosmetic procedures. His attention to detail makes him particularly suited to the cosmetic aspect of dermatology. He is always accommodating and offers his patients a wide range of treatment options.
What our patients are saying about Dr. Dispaltro:
- “Dr. Dispaltro was so knowledgeable and friendly. Very fast and efficient. The staff is always super friendly. The first derm office I haven’t been made to wait hours to get in West Islip” – Kristen D.
- “Dr. Dispaltro is a wonderful caring doctor. I had a wart we started w freezing and he’s been steering me in the right direction and my wart is gone. I would recommend him to anybody.” – Betty P.
- “Dr Dispaltro is the best. He is very caring and I will schedule another appointment with him” – Camille R.
He has published many articles in peer reviewed journals including the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. Some of his publications include:
- Bisaccia, E., Berger, C., DiSpaltro, F.X. et.al.: Viral-Specific Immunization in AIDS-Related Complex by Photopheresis. Annals of New York Academy of Sciences: 1991; 636:321-330.
- DiSpaltro, F.X., Bickley, L.K., Nissenblatt, M., Devereux, D.: Cutaneous Acral Metastases In A Patient With
- Bisaccia, E., Berger, C., DiSpaltro, F.X., Klainer, A.S.: Extraosporeal Photopheresis in the AIDS Related Complex: Extended Trial. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, 1993; 6:386-392.
- DiSpaltro, F.X., Cahill, C., Degman, E., et al: Extracorporcal Photochemotherapy in Progressive Systeric Sclerosis. International Journal of Dermatology, 1993, 32:417-420.
- Berger, C., Teng, J., DiSpaltro, F.X., et. Al.: In Vitro Response to Tetanus Toxoid and MHC Antigen in ARC Patients Treated by Photochemotherapy. Submitted for publication, Journal of Clinical Investigation, October 1992.
- Randazzo, J., DiSpaltro, F.X., Klainer, A.D., Stecre, A.C., Bisaccia, E.: Extracorporcal Photochemotherapy as Treatment for Chronic Lymes Arthritis: A Case Report. Accepted for publication Journal of American Academy of Dermatology, in press.
Wondering where can you find Dr. Francis Dispaltro for appointments?
He currently practices at three of our locations:
510 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
58-47 188TH ST.
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
1200 East Ridgewood Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Have you had a great experience with Dr. Francis Dispaltro? We’d love to hear about it and we’re sure potential patients would too!
EMAIL: [email protected]