With the plethora of skin care products available on the market, it can be really confusing to figure out which one is the best. Naturally, many wonder if dermatologists use organics skin care products.
There are opposing views on which products are the best, but some basic fundamentals can set you on the right path.
Understanding Your Skin Type
The first step to figuring out the best skin care products for you is starting with your skin type. Here are the five skin types and the products that work for each. Some will not necessarily suit any other skin type.
The 5 skin types are as follows:
- Normal Skin: will typically be clear and not be sensitive to most products.
- Dry Skin: will often be flaky, rough, or itchy.
- Sensitive Skin: may be more prone to reactions, like stinging or redness, after using products.
- Oily Skin: will be shiny or greasy more often, even without products.
- Combination Skin: will be oily in some areas (usually the nose and forehead aka the T zone) and dry in others.
Your skin type determines the products and the right regimen for your skin. However, regardless of your skin type, there are a few standard rules that apply to everyone looking to achieve and maintain beautiful-looking skin:
- Use sun protection every day.
- Refrain from tanning, including tanning beds.
- Use simple skin care products and keep a simplified routine without layering on too many creams and serums.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Don’t forget to treat your lips as well!
What is a Homeopathic Dermatologist?
Homeopathy and dermatology may not seem to fit together. However, so many issues that affect our skin originate under the skin. A homeopathic dermatologist looks at allergies and toxins in the environment and applies homeopathic remedies to treat skin disorders. Disorders treated by homeopathic dermatologists include acne, rosacea, atopic dermatitis, lichen planus, psoriasis, and cutaneous lymphoma.
However, much more study and research is needed to confirm the efficacy of homeopathic dermatology.
Is Natural Organic Skin Care Better?
The question as to whether natural skin care is better is a difficult one to answer. The reason is that clean or natural skin care products may still contain synthetic ingredients. Likewise, many products that are not under the moniker of “natural skincare” have well-tested, safe, and effective ingredients.
However, some of the ingredients in skincare products, particularly those on the cheaper end of the spectrum, can be toxic to hormones and may even cause reactions for sensitive skin.
Is there Such a Thing as a Homeopathic Doctor for Skin Care?
Unfortunately, there’s no such thing as a homeopathic skin care doctor, but luckily, many professionally trained dermatologists use organics skin care products. What’s more, if you prefer organic skin care, most dermatologists carry a natural line and would be happy to accommodate your preferences.
If you would like to learn more about skincare or have specific issues that you’d like to address, reach out to Advanced Dermatology, PC, to book an in-office or virtual appointment.