As we become older, our skin ages and displays our age to those around us. With age, our skin develops wrinkles, becomes duller in appearance, and pigmentation can change. Additionally, the skin pores become larger, thus drawing more dirt and oil into our pores, damaging our skin further. There are ways to prevent skin aging symptoms, in addition to cosmetic procedures that can be performed to reverse the signs of aging once they have occurred. While skin creams and products may prove somewhat helpful, medical skin therapies typically provide the most drastic results. After you have reached your mid-30s, you will need to choose a skincare product that is designed for your age group and has anti-aging properties. You should also make exfoliation a regular part of your skincare routine. In addition, many women are choosing surgical solutions to improve aged skin. With the advance of laser techniques, skin rejuvenation procedures have become more popular than ever, thanks to their high success rates and proven effectiveness.
Sunlight and Aging Skin
Skin becomes damaged when exposed to excessive sunlight. The effect of sun exposure will become more apparent as we age and our skin deteriorates. IPL is a laser technique that helps improve the appearance of skin that has become discolored by freckles, spots, and tanning marks. This process is also known as photorejuvenation and is extremely effective. Thermage is a skin rejuvenation process that tightens wrinkled, loose skin to provide a younger look. Using radiofrequency waves, it can provide results similar to a face lift, but is more natural and less invasive. Fraxel laser treatment is another great option, offering excellent results without the pain associated with traditional laser resurfacing. An added benefit of these procedures is that they will not leave any permanent scars or marks on your skin, as is the case with a face life.
New Minimally-Invasive Treatment MethodsThese new techniques have received high patient satisfaction ratings, and have a success rate of more than 90%. To understand if these treatments will be effective for your skin, you should consult with a dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon. They will be able to recommend a treatment plan after examining your skin and gaining an understanding of your medical history. The treatments mentioned above typically require multiple treatment sessions, and results will vary based on your skin type.
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
Advanced Dermatology P.C. and The Center for Laser and Cosmetic Surgery would like to thank respective laser companies & contributors for the above supplied web content and photos.
Related Topics & Our Doctors in the News
- Which Age-Defying Method Is Right for You?
- How to look your best during each decade of your life.
- Lasers Aint Just For Luke Skywalker Anymore.
- SKIN SIGNS OF AGING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM: Leading dermatologist Dr. Joshua Fox discusses symptoms & solutions
- LASER TREATMENTS FOR YOUNGER-LOOKING SKIN.
- FOR BEAUTIFUL LIPS, A HOST OF SIMPLE AND SPEEDY PROCEDURES IS AVAILABLE.
- WRINKLE REDUCTION
- COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES INCREASE
- Skin Care in Your 40s
- FALSE EXPECTATIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- VIEW MORE OF OUR DOCTOR’S IN THE NEWS ARTICLES.
- UNIQUE LASER TREATMENT GIVES ACNE AND SCARRING A “ONE-TWO PUNCH”: SmoothbeamTM offers non-ablative approach to reducing acne breakouts, plumping scars.
- ZAPPING ZITS: Expert Discusses Non-Medication Treatments for Acne.
- Fraxel Laser Treatment Brochure.
- Thermage® Brochure.
- MedLite Laser Treatment Brochure.
- Smooth Beam Acne Brochure.
- Smooth Beam Acne Scarring Brochure.
- Microdermabrasion for Smoother Looking Skin.
Patient Educational Videos
Skin Rejuvenation Using MedLite Laser (Animation Video)
Vbeam Applications for Skin Rejuvenation, Facial and Leg Veins, Rosacea, Acne, Scars & Stretch Marks etc.