Erbium Laser Skin Resurfacing
Erbium Laser – An effective wrinkle reduction procedure
The Erbium laser is a one of the latest tools available for the treatment of wrinkles, acne scars, aged, and sun-damaged skin. The Erbium laser is a cool light laser which resurfaces the skin. The results of this method are less post-procedure redness, less swelling and a greater turn around in healing time than with other laser skin resurfacing methods. All of this culminates in the Erbium laser being a more accurate and less painful method of restoring one’s skin to its more youthful appearance. Another positive benefit to using the Erbium laser is that it can be used on the neck, chest and hand regions. It is also worth noting that many doctors are discovering the benefits of the Erbium laser for acne scar treatments.
Length and details of the Erbium Laser resurfacing procedure
Erbium laser skin resurfacing is a procedure designed to remove superficial and moderately deep lines and wrinkles on the face. The Erbium laser results in a narrower area of heating of adjacent tissues than with other laser skin resurfacing methods. This results in a more focused removal of old skin cells layers. The Erbium laser’s ability to stimulate the production of collagen is key to creating a tightening and smoothing of the skin. The change in the collagen results in the removal of fine wrinkles and the diminished visibility of more prominent wrinkles.
In the Erbium Laser Resurfacing procedure a small area of the skin’s surface is heated with the cool Erbium laser which in turn vaporizes superficially damaged skin cells and resulting in the thickening of the skin’s collagen.
The length of the Erbium laser procedure varies from 15 minutes to slightly more than an hour depending on the individuals needs.
To minimize discomfort, a local anesthetic may be employed for some Erbium laser resurfacing procedures.
As this procedure is performed in an outpatient environment, patients can return home the same day.
Healing is more rapid because the Erbium laser results in decreased redness, swelling, and bruising associated with laser resurfacing.
In most procedures, patients are able to fully recuperate within 7-10 days. Make-up can be worn after the first week. At this point patients may return to regular activities with consideration kept in mind of the skin’s ongoing healing. The use of sun block on treated areas is recommended when in the sun. Over the next several weeks, the pinkness of the exposed skin will lighten to reveal the normal tone, yet with a softer, smoother and younger appearance.
Risks and/or complications related to Erbium Laser Resurfacing
The Erbium Laser Resurfacing procedure produces a smaller number of undesired effects and complications than other laser resurfacing procedures. With this in mind, some adverse effects are to be anticipated and should not be misconstrued as complications. Some minor adverse effects of laser resurfacing may consist of redness, swelling, rash or itching. Prior laser resurfacing treatment may also prolong the healing process.
Our Doctors in the News
- Which Age-Defying Method Is Right for You?
- How to look your best during each decade of your life.
- Lasers Aint Just For Luke Skywalker Anymore
- SKIN SIGNS OF AGING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM: Leading dermatologist Dr. Joshua Fox discusses symptoms & solutions.
- LASER TREATMENTS FOR YOUNGER-LOOKING SKIN
- New Painless Treatments for Varicose Veins
- THEY’RE NOT YOUR MOTHER’S VARICOSE VEINS
- HEALTH: SCLEROTHERAPY AND LASER THERAPY TREATMENTS FOR VARICOSE VEINS
- FOR BEAUTIFUL LIPS, A HOST OF SIMPLE AND SPEEDY PROCEDURES IS AVAILABLE
- Pulse-dye Treatment Eliminates Stretch Marks
- New Laser Technique Takes Aim To Make Stretch Marks Disappear
- Fresh Meadows Doctor Develops Laser System for Stretch Marks
- Treatments or Remedies to Reduce Fade or Rid Stretch Marks and Prevention
- WRINKLE REDUCTION
- COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES INCREASE.
- Skin Care in Your 40s
- FALSE EXPECTATIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- VIEW MORE OF OUR DOCTOR’S IN THE NEWS ARTICLES
- UNIQUE LASER TREATMENT GIVES ACNE AND SCARRING A “ONE-TWO PUNCH”: SmoothbeamTM offers non-ablative approach to reducing acne breakouts, plumping scars.
- ZAPPING ZITS: Expert Discusses Non-Medication Treatments for Acne.