Cellulite is a term that refers to a change in topography of the human skin. Cellulite is most commonly observed in post-pubescent females. The change in skin topography is seen in the formation of skin dimples and skin nodules, which occurs mainly in the lower limbs, abdomen, and the pelvic region of the female body. The primary cause of cellulite is believed to be a result of the herniation of fatty tissues within the body, particularly of subcutaneous tissues. This can ultimately result in skin that resembles an orange peel or cottage cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is cellulite commonly seen in women and not men?
Women have a differently structured layer of fat beneath the skin, which results in more frequent cellulite formation than is seen in men.
- How does Endermologie® work?
The Cellu M6 lifts and rolls the skin, thereby stimulating venous and lymphatic systems to eliminate fat and toxins. This action results in firmer and younger looking skin.
- How many sessions are needed? How long does each session last?
It usually takes about eight sessions to see the desired results. Each session typically lasts for 35 to 40 minutes.
- How long will the results last?
Results vary from individual to individual, but typically last for one to two months, if the individual exercises regularly and follows a healthy diet.
RELATED TOPICS AND OUR DOCTORS IN THE NEWS
- Dr. Fox Gives Tips for Reducing Cellulite in Skin Inc Magazine
- What is Liposculture? Is LIPO for You?
- The Star Ledger – Trimming Fat
- THE STAR-LEDGER – Liposuction Is The Most Popular Cosmetic Surgery, But It Is Not For Everyone
- FALSE EXPECTATIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- VIEW RELATED TOPIC: LIPOSCULPTURE
- VIEW MORE OF OUR DOCTOR’S IN THE NEWS ARTICLES
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS