Pixel CO2 Laser
Pixel Laser Treatment in New York & Bergen County, NJ
The last time you took a look in the mirror, did you look older than your age? Did you notice any age lines or wrinkles that seemed to have come from nowhere? Well the Pixel laser is here to zap away those unwanted and sightly lines. The Pixel Perfect laser treatment allows your skin to go back somewhat in time to look the way it did before many of the signs of aging set in.
Just one single treatment can begin the process of your skin looking younger and healthier. The Pixel laser is an aesthetic laser procedure that can also be used for mild to severe sun damaged skin, acne scarring, enlarged pores, age spots, and other problems.
What is the Pixel Laser used for?
The Pixel laser has a variety of applications and leads to dramatic improvement. If any of these are of interest to you, you should schedule a consultation with our dermatologic laser surgeon.
- Smooth out wrinkles and fine lines
- Flatten worry and frown lines
- Clear up sun-damaged skin
- Decrease appearance of acne scars
- Shrinking the appearance of pores
- Flatten traumatic scars
- May lessen bags and circles under eyes
- Decrease jowls and improve angle of the jaw
- Remove age/sun spots on the skin
- Reshape, slightly enlarge, and give firmness to lips
This procedure sometimes mixed with Erbium laser treatment will reverse years of damage to your face, giving you a cleaner, younger look. The Pixel improves your skin’s tone and texture through blending, smoothing, shrinking, and flattening parts of your skin. The laser stimulates new growth of collagen and helps remodel collagen to make your skin tighter. Our offices across Bergen County, NJ, Queens, NY, and Long Island, NY offer Pixel Laser Treatment.
How does it work?
The Pixel laser uses a unique head piece which tracks the CO2 10.6 um wavelength light as it passes light through its optical lens to penetrate the skin. We can control the depth of the penetration from only a few micrometers in depth (only as deep as a few sheets of paper) to much deeper with tiny thermal channels. This will also determine the length of healing, the number of treatments and the cost. Each thermal channel creates a small micro-injury but does not significantly disturb or disrupt the surrounding tissue.
These microscopic injuries caused by the laser (around 15-20% of the treated area) are the beginning of the healing process. By creating thousands of these perforations underneath the skin, your epidermis layer starts to heal from the edge of these microscopic perforations very quickly. By healing so fast it remodels, tightens and stimulates the collagen, your skin tightens, which in turn smooths out lines, and significantly improves your skins tone and complexion.
What results can I expect?
With moderate to strong treatment you can expect an immediate tightening of the skin with some noticeable results seen in as little as one treatment. A single treatment can lessen the look of wrinkles and fine lines from your face for up to several months. More than one treatment may be needed for deep scarring to be removed. You can be assured a faster healing time than other treatments such as standard CO2 laser skin resurfacing, dermabrasions, and even deep chemical peels. You can also have a mild treatment with some improvement in skin texture and a quick return to normal activities.
How am I affected afterward?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Is it safe?
Am I a candidate?
An in depth consultation is required. However in general you are a candidate if your skin is showing signs of aging. If you have already tried other non-invasive treatments and they have not worked, Pixel is for you. Pixel is a more aggressive treatment for moderate to severe sun damaged skin, and other skin conditions.
Does it work on all types of skin?
How long does it take?
Does it hurt?
It depends on the strength of treatment. This type of pain varies person to person. Over-the-counter medicine can be prescribed. For stronger treatments additional techniques will be used (eg. Numbing creams, cool air, ice, analgesics, prescription medicine and injectable local anesthesia) to relieve discomfort.
Will I need to come in for a touch-up later?
This depends on the strength of the treatment. Pixel Perfect only reverses the signs of aging; it does not and can not change the aging process. For the majority of patients, with the light treatment it will last for several months to two years, before a touch-up may be required. The touch-up most likely will be six to eighteen months later depending on the person. The use of our skin rejuvenation products will help maintain your youthful look and glow. For strong Pixel treatment we expect it will last for about several years. It can be repeated or touched up at a future date.
How much does it cost?
The costs varies depending on your skin condition and the area(s) and strength of the treatment. Call today to set up a consultation at one of our offices across Long Island, NY, Bergen County, NJ, and Queens to see if Pixel Perfect® is right for you.
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
Advanced Dermatology P.C. and The Center for Laser and Cosmetic Surgery would like to thank and credit Alma Lasers, Ltd for the above supplied web content and photos.
Pixel Laser Patient Experience
Our Doctors in the News
- Which Age-Defying Method Is Right for You?
- How to look your best during each decade of your life.
- Lasers Aint Just For Luke Skywalker Anymore
- SKIN SIGNS OF AGING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM: Leading dermatologist Dr. Joshua Fox discusses symptoms & solutions.
- LASER TREATMENTS FOR YOUNGER-LOOKING SKIN
- New Painless Treatments for Varicose Veins
- THEY’RE NOT YOUR MOTHER’S VARICOSE VEINS
- HEALTH: SCLEROTHERAPY AND LASER THERAPY TREATMENTS FOR VARICOSE VEINS
- FOR BEAUTIFUL LIPS, A HOST OF SIMPLE AND SPEEDY PROCEDURES IS AVAILABLE
- Pulse-dye Treatment Eliminates Stretch Marks
- New Laser Technique Takes Aim To Make Stretch Marks Disappear
- Fresh Meadows Doctor Develops Laser System for Stretch Marks
- Treatments or Remedies to Reduce Fade or Rid Stretch Marks and Prevention
- WRINKLE REDUCTION
- COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES INCREASE.
- Skin Care in Your 40s
- FALSE EXPECTATIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- VIEW MORE OF OUR DOCTOR’S IN THE NEWS ARTICLES
- UNIQUE LASER TREATMENT GIVES ACNE AND SCARRING A “ONE-TWO PUNCH”: SmoothbeamTM offers non-ablative approach to reducing acne breakouts, plumping scars.
- ZAPPING ZITS: Expert Discusses Non-Medication Treatments for Acne.