IPL® Skin Treatments Using Photorejuvenation
Photorejuvenation for a youthful look
As the population ages, ever-increasing numbers of people are interested in improving their appearance. IPLT technology can be used to help restore the skin’s youthful appearance.
IPL technology improves the appearance of photoaged skin, removes age spots (sun-induced freckles), most benign brown pigments, and redness caused by broken capillaries through a process called photorejuvenation for face and body.
The process is ideal for patients with active lifestyles because the procedure requires no downtime and produces few side effects.
The gentle, non-ablative treatments use broad spectrum light to treat the face, chest, neck and hands–virtually anywhere that sun damage shows.
From the patient’s standpoint, there are several characteristics of IPL Skin Treatments using Photorejuvenation that are appealing:
How it Works
IPL Skin Treatments using Photorejuvenation often consist of full-face or body treatments, using gentle energy parameters. The treatment regime typically consists of:
- Four to six treatments administered to the whole face, chest, neck or hands, spaced at three week intervals
- Broad spectrum light in the visible and near infrared range, from 515 nm up to about 1200 nm
- Light is transmitted through a small, smooth, flat glass handpiece which is gently placed over the skin
|The GentleLASE 755 nm alexandrite laser is Candela’s premier laser for removing hair, pigmented and vascular lesions and wrinkles. The GentleLASE treats all skin types quickly, comfortably and effectively. The GentleLASE family of lasers is fast, versatile and easy to use. And only Candela lasers feature the Dynamic Cooling Device (DCDTM) to maximize patient safety and comfort.
|Speed – Treat more patients faster and more comfortably with the the largest spot size and fastest repetition rate found on any hair removal laser.
Efficacy – 17,666 watts of peak power enables the GentleLASE to treat a variety of conditions unlike any other laser on the market today. The GentleLASE is capable of delivering 755 nm fluences up to 100 J/cm² in pulse durations of 3 ms for unparalleled treatment efficacies.
Easy To Use – Deep penetration with minimal scattering of laser energy makes the GentleYAG ideal for all skin types, especially dark and tanned skin.
Versatile – The GentleLASE can be used to treat for permanent hair reduction, vascular and pigmented lesions, and fine lines and wrinkles.
Patented Epidermal Cooling – Candela’s Dynamic Cooling Device represents an adjustable epidermal protection technology to maximize patient safety and comfort.
For your practice
As baby boomers begin to age, aesthetic procedures that can help improve appearance are in higher demand than ever before. IPL Skin Treatments using the photorejuvenation process are a perfect solution because they accommodate today’s active lifestyles.
Our Doctors in the News
- Which Age-Defying Method Is Right for You?
- How to look your best during each decade of your life.
- Lasers Aint Just For Luke Skywalker Anymore
- SKIN SIGNS OF AGING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM: Leading dermatologist Dr. Joshua Fox discusses symptoms & solutions.
- LASER TREATMENTS FOR YOUNGER-LOOKING SKIN
- New Painless Treatments for Varicose Veins
- THEY’RE NOT YOUR MOTHER’S VARICOSE VEINS
- HEALTH: SCLEROTHERAPY AND LASER THERAPY TREATMENTS FOR VARICOSE VEINS
- FOR BEAUTIFUL LIPS, A HOST OF SIMPLE AND SPEEDY PROCEDURES IS AVAILABLE
- Pulse-dye Treatment Eliminates Stretch Marks
- New Laser Technique Takes Aim To Make Stretch Marks Disappear
- Fresh Meadows Doctor Develops Laser System for Stretch Marks
- Treatments or Remedies to Reduce Fade or Rid Stretch Marks and Prevention
- WRINKLE REDUCTION
- COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES INCREASE.
- Skin Care in Your 40s
- FALSE EXPECTATIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- VIEW MORE OF OUR DOCTOR’S IN THE NEWS ARTICLES
- UNIQUE LASER TREATMENT GIVES ACNE AND SCARRING A “ONE-TWO PUNCH”: SmoothbeamTM offers non-ablative approach to reducing acne breakouts, plumping scars.
- ZAPPING ZITS: Expert Discusses Non-Medication Treatments for Acne.