CoolTouch Endovenous Laser Ablation (CTEV)
With The CoolTouch CTEV T It’s Easy To Be Free Of Varicose Veins
There is no reason to continue enduring the pain, discomfort and unsightly disfigurement that is often caused by varicose veins. Many people have put off treatment thinking they would have to face vein stripping, which is major surgery requiring hospitalization, general anesthesia, several weeks of recovery time, and results in significant scarring, pain and other potential risks and complications.
Now there is no reason to postpone treatment. The Cool Touch CTEV T 1320 nm offers a virtually pain-free, quick and highly successful treatment alternative that gets you back to your life in the same day.
Why choose the Cool Touch CTEV T for your varicose vein treatment?
- Most comfortable procedure available
- Rapid relief of symptoms
- Virtually pain free
- No downtime
- No scars
- No general anesthesia
- Quick, office-based procedure
Don’t accept just any vein treatment for your varicose veins.
Since the late 1990s, there have been several new therapies offered as an alternative to vein stripping for the treatment of varicose veins – sclerotherapy, radiofrequency and endovenous lasers. It is very important to understand the treatment options available to you and the differences between these treatments so you can make an informed decision about your care.
In this procedure a solution is injected into the varicose vein causing the vein to be reabsorbed by one’s own body. Potential side effects include blood clots, pain, skin discoloration that can last for up to a year, allergic reactions, as well as a delay in seeing any improvements. Although injection sclerotherapy can successfully treat small veins visible under the skin, the current treatment for larger, bulging varicose veins is only 50-60% effective 2 years post treatment.
This procedure uses heat generated from radiofrequency (RF) electric current to close a varicose vein. Due to the limitations of the design, certain larger veins sizes cannot be treated using RF. This procedure may not be appropriate for many patients with very large varicose veins.
The newest technology available, this procedure uses light waves to eliminate varicose veins. Due to the technology used, endovenous medical lasers are able to treat a large range of vein sizes.
How does the Cool Touch CTEV T 1320 nm laser work?
With the Cool Touch CTEV T , a small single needle incision is made in the leg and a fiber is inserted into the varicose vein. The laser is activated and as the fiber is moved through the vein it gently heats and safely closes the vein. Once the vein is closed, the blood that was circulating through this vein is simply rerouted to other healthy veins and the varicose vein essentially vanishes.
A Simple Office-Based Procedure
The Cool Touch CTEV T procedure is minimally invasive and is performed right in your doctor’s office. You are awake during the entire procedure, but you will not feel any pain, as your leg will be numbed using a local anesthesia. The entire procedure will take less than one hour per leg treated.
Cosmetically Pleasing Results
One of the tremendous benefits of the Cool Touch CTEV T procedure is that patients do not experience the incision scars or bruising that are often present with alternative treatments. Rarely does bruising occur when the Cool Touch CTEV T procedure is performed alone. And since the incision is so small, no stitches are necessary.
Rapid Relief from Symptoms
Your symptoms will begin to improve immediately after the Cool Touch CTEV T procedure is completed. However, depending on their severity, some symptoms may take 1-2 weeks to completely disappear.
Quick Return to Work and Play
After the procedure, your leg will be wrapped in a compression bandage and you will be up and walking within 30 minutes. You will be able to resume routine activity the same day and athletic or strenuous activities within several days.
Doctors and Patients Alike are Delighted with the Cool Touch CTEV T.
“With the Cool Touch CTEV T , I can relieve my patients’ pain and discomfort with a minimally invasive, safe and quick procedure. My patients are very happy with the results, and we are pleased that we have improved their quality of life with a “no downtime” procedure instead of the old fashioned invasive methods. With less side effects, the Cool Touch CTEV T is the best technology available today to treat large varicose veins.”
Robert A. Weiss, M.D.
Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology
John Hopkins University School of Medicine
“Having helped develop the radiofrequency Closure® procedure and treating dozens of patients with the 810 nm EVLT T , I have found that the Cool Touch CTEV T 1320 nm procedure produces the best results in the quickest, most affordable and patient-friendly manner.”
Mitchel P. Goldman, M.D.
Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology
University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine
“I am so grateful for the Cool Touch CTEV T treatment. I used to hide my legs. Because of my huge veins, I wouldn’t wear shorts or bathing suits. Now I can wear anything I want. I just love it. I had both legs done at the same time and the procedure was very easy. I don’t have any scars, and I was able to return to work the very next day. I would recommend the Cool Touch CTEV T treatment to anyone who asks.”
Mal D., Patient
Black Jack Dealer and Mother
“I have been very pleased with the CTEV procedure. Immediately after the surgery, I experienced no bruising or pain and was able to return to work right away. Within weeks of the procedure, I could see my bulging varicose vein disappear until completely gone.”
Irv V., Patient
The SilkTouch Transformation
Before & After Treatment Results
|Results you can count on.|
2 Weeks After
1 Year After
Unretouched photos courtesy of Robert Weiss, M.D.
Our Doctors in the News
- Which Age-Defying Method Is Right for You?
- How to look your best during each decade of your life.
- Lasers Aint Just For Luke Skywalker Anymore
- SKIN SIGNS OF AGING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM: Leading dermatologist Dr. Joshua Fox discusses symptoms & solutions.
- LASER TREATMENTS FOR YOUNGER-LOOKING SKIN
- New Painless Treatments for Varicose Veins
- THEY’RE NOT YOUR MOTHER’S VARICOSE VEINS
- HEALTH: SCLEROTHERAPY AND LASER THERAPY TREATMENTS FOR VARICOSE VEINS
- FOR BEAUTIFUL LIPS, A HOST OF SIMPLE AND SPEEDY PROCEDURES IS AVAILABLE
- Pulse-dye Treatment Eliminates Stretch Marks
- New Laser Technique Takes Aim To Make Stretch Marks Disappear
- Fresh Meadows Doctor Develops Laser System for Stretch Marks
- Treatments or Remedies to Reduce Fade or Rid Stretch Marks and Prevention
- WRINKLE REDUCTION
- COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES INCREASE.
- Skin Care in Your 40s
- FALSE EXPECTATIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- VIEW MORE OF OUR DOCTOR’S IN THE NEWS ARTICLES
- UNIQUE LASER TREATMENT GIVES ACNE AND SCARRING A “ONE-TWO PUNCH”: SmoothbeamTM offers non-ablative approach to reducing acne breakouts, plumping scars.
- ZAPPING ZITS: Expert Discusses Non-Medication Treatments for Acne.
Patient Educational Videos
OUR PATIENT EDUCATION LIBRARY
- See more educational resources on various skin conditions (Topic Overviews, Medications, Articles in En Esponol etc)
CTEV Press Releases
- SEPTEMBER 19, 2005: THE COOLTOUCH CTEV™ ENDOVENOUS LASER NOW APPROVED TO TREAT A WIDER RANGE OF VARICOSE VEINS.
- NOVEMBER 12, 2004: COOLTOUCH INC. ANNOUNCES REIMBURSEMENT CODES FOR LASER VEIN THERAPY
- SEPTEMBER 30, 2004: COOLTOUCH CTEV™ LASER GETS FDA CLEARANCE FOR ENDOVENOUS TREATMENT OF THE GREATER SAPHENOUS VEIN
- “TESTING ESSENTIAL FOR LASER USE ON ETHNIC SKIN,” COSMETIC SURGERY TIMES
- MAY 28, 2003: COOLTOUCH® 1320NM LASER SYSTEM GETS FDA NOD FOR TREATMENT OF ACNE AND ACNE SCARS
- APRIL 16, 2003: COOLTOUCH INC. SIGNS INTERNATIONAL SALES AGREEMENT WITH GLOBALMED TECHNOLOGIES FOR COOLTOUCH® LASER AND LIGHT-BASED SYSTEMS
- FEBRUARY 27, 2003:NEW STAR LASERS ANNOUNCES REAQUISITION OF COOLTOUCH LASER SYSTEMS
- COOLTOUCH® 1320NM LASER SYSTEM GETS FDA NOD FOR TREATMENT OF ACNE AND ACNE SCARS
- SCIENCE BACKS UP EFFICACY OF NONABLATIVE SKIN REJUVENATION
- AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR LASER MEDICINE AND SURGERY TWENTY-THIRD ANNUAL MEETING ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA APRIL 9-13, 2003 ABSTRACTS
- ENDOVENOUS 1064-NM AND 1320-NM ND:YAG LASER TREATMENT OF THE PORCINE GREATER SAPHENOUS VEIN
- ATROPHIC AND A MIXED PATTERN OF ACNE SCARS IMPROVED WITH A 1320-NM ND:YAG LASER
- A PRELIMINARY STUDY OF UTILIZATION OF THE 1320-NM ND:YAG LASER FOR THE TREATMENT OF ACNE SCARRING
- AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR LASER MEDICINE AND SURGERY ABSTRACTS
- TREATMENT OF UPPER RHYTIDES WITH A 1320 ND: YAG NON-ABIATIVE LASER
- TREATMENT OF NECK RHYTIDES WITH A 1320 ND:YAG NON-ABLATIVE LASER
- AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR LASER MEDICINE AND SURGERY TWENTY-FOURTH ANNUAL MEETING DALLAS, TEXAS MARCH 31-APRIL 4, 2004 ABSTRACTS
- NONABLATIVE LASER RESURFACING
- LONG-PULSE YAG TREATMENT OFFERS LESS DOWNTIME, RISK
- ND:YAG EASY TO LEARN ALTHOUGH RESULTS VARY
- HOW DOES A COOLTOUCH® TREATMENT WORK?