What’s the Blue Light Treatment?
There is now a treatment available that doesn’t depend on medication. It’s called the BLU-U® Blue Light Photodynamic.
The BLU-U is a unique blue light that can kill the P. acnes bacteria in your skin. Treatments are simple – you simply sit with your face close to the light for a short time at a schedule set up by your doctor, approximately a 15-minute session about once or twice per week. The treatments may go on for five weeks or so. It’s safe, it’s not hot, it’s not painful. After some weeks, the blue light can help control your acne.
Is the BLU-U® a laser? If not, how is it different from a laser?
The BLU-U is not a laser. Lasers deliver light as coherent beams, while the BLU-U delivers incoherent light scattered over a larger area.
How long is a BLU-U light therapy session?
The doctor will prescribe the most appropriate time frame for your acne.
Who performs the BLU-U light therapy procedure?
A physician or registered clinician is required to perform the procedure.
Is it possible to stop the therapy midway through a session?
Yes, if a patient needs to remove himself from the unit, or asks for it to be turned off, he can do so at any time. Once the light treatment is stopped, it is not to be resumed during the session.
Our Doctors in the News
- Which Age-Defying Method Is Right for You?
- How to look your best during each decade of your life.
- Lasers Aint Just For Luke Skywalker Anymore
- SKIN SIGNS OF AGING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM: Leading dermatologist Dr. Joshua Fox discusses symptoms & solutions.
- LASER TREATMENTS FOR YOUNGER-LOOKING SKIN
- New Painless Treatments for Varicose Veins
- THEY’RE NOT YOUR MOTHER’S VARICOSE VEINS
- HEALTH: SCLEROTHERAPY AND LASER THERAPY TREATMENTS FOR VARICOSE VEINS
- FOR BEAUTIFUL LIPS, A HOST OF SIMPLE AND SPEEDY PROCEDURES IS AVAILABLE
- Pulse-dye Treatment Eliminates Stretch Marks
- New Laser Technique Takes Aim To Make Stretch Marks Disappear
- Fresh Meadows Doctor Develops Laser System for Stretch Marks
- Treatments or Remedies to Reduce Fade or Rid Stretch Marks and Prevention
- WRINKLE REDUCTION
- COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES INCREASE.
- Skin Care in Your 40s
- FALSE EXPECTATIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- VIEW MORE OF OUR DOCTOR’S IN THE NEWS ARTICLES
- UNIQUE LASER TREATMENT GIVES ACNE AND SCARRING A “ONE-TWO PUNCH”: SmoothbeamTM offers non-ablative approach to reducing acne breakouts, plumping scars.
- ZAPPING ZITS: Expert Discusses Non-Medication Treatments for Acne.