For the Removal of Hair and Pigmented Lesions
The Apogee 5500 Alexandrite laser expands your treatment options. The 755 nm Alexandrite wavelength is highly absorbed by melanin, providing superior efficacy for the removal of unwanted hair and epidermal pigmented lesions.
How does a laser or light-based system remove hair?
The system emits a gentle beam of light that passes through the skin, to the hair follicle, where it is absorbed. Upon absorption, the energy is transformed into heat, which can disable the follicle, while leaving the surrounding tissue unharmed.
How do I know if I’m a good candidate for laser or light-based hair removal?
Generally speaking, if you are concerned about unwanted hair, you are probably a candidate for hair removal. Laser or light-based systems are a faster, easier alternative for hair removal.
Is the treatment painful?
Most individuals describe the treatment as a series of slight pin pricks or rubber band snaps to the skin. The majority of patients tolerate this sensation without anesthetics. Additional comfort is provided by applying cooling to the area to be treated. Within about 30 minutes of treatment, the area may become pink or red; this may last from a few hours to one day.
How long does it take?
With this procedure numerous hairs are removed at the same time. The amount of time needed depends on the size of the area to be treated. The lip usually takes less than one minute; other areas, such as the leg, may take significantly longer.
How many treatments will be necessary?
Hair grows in cycles. The laser or pulsed light only affects hair when it is in its early growth phase. In fact, the system will disable follicles that are actively producing hair at the time of treatment. At any time, some hair follicles are dormant. Repeated sessions will be necessary to treat these follicles when they re-enter the growth phase.
Factors that can cause an acne flare include:
- 80% permanent hair reduction after four treatments. Treats a variety of skin types and is ideal for skin types I-IV.
- High fluences from large spot sizes (12.5 and 15 mm) offer faster, more effective treatments.
- Treats epidermal pigmented lesions such as age spots, sun spots and freckles through customized short pulse durations.
- The Apogee 5500 is smaller, lighter, and more portable. It’s ideal for any office.
Pigmented Lesions Treatment
Our Doctors in the News
- Which Age-Defying Method Is Right for You?
- How to look your best during each decade of your life.
- Lasers Aint Just For Luke Skywalker Anymore
- SKIN SIGNS OF AGING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM: Leading dermatologist Dr. Joshua Fox discusses symptoms & solutions.
- LASER TREATMENTS FOR YOUNGER-LOOKING SKIN
- New Painless Treatments for Varicose Veins
- THEY’RE NOT YOUR MOTHER’S VARICOSE VEINS
- HEALTH: SCLEROTHERAPY AND LASER THERAPY TREATMENTS FOR VARICOSE VEINS
- FOR BEAUTIFUL LIPS, A HOST OF SIMPLE AND SPEEDY PROCEDURES IS AVAILABLE
- Pulse-dye Treatment Eliminates Stretch Marks
- New Laser Technique Takes Aim To Make Stretch Marks Disappear
- Fresh Meadows Doctor Develops Laser System for Stretch Marks
- Treatments or Remedies to Reduce Fade or Rid Stretch Marks and Prevention
- WRINKLE REDUCTION
- COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES INCREASE.
- Skin Care in Your 40s
- FALSE EXPECTATIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- VIEW MORE OF OUR DOCTOR’S IN THE NEWS ARTICLES
- UNIQUE LASER TREATMENT GIVES ACNE AND SCARRING A “ONE-TWO PUNCH”: SmoothbeamTM offers non-ablative approach to reducing acne breakouts, plumping scars.
- ZAPPING ZITS: Expert Discusses Non-Medication Treatments for Acne.