For a consult please call our cosmetic concierge at
ThermiVa is an in-office, non-surgical procedure for labial and vaginal tightening. The treatment uses highly controlled heat delivered through a tip designed for optimal comfort.
How it Works
ThermiVa contracts the tissues to a tighter bundle and encourages new, tighter collagen production. Radiofrequency has been used in physical therapy for years and the therapeutic effects on muscular and tissue healing are well known.
A ThermiVa treatment takes approximately one hour for combined labia majora reduction and vaginal tightening. For best results, it is recommended to get three treatments spaced one month apart.
- Vaginal Laxity: this will tighten the vagina at the opening and the full length of the vagina that is noticeable to patient and partner.
- Vulvar/Labial Laxity: this will tighten the labial tissues and reduce sag and “Camel Toes.” It results in softer and smoother skin that is very noticeable. More comfort in tight clothing, less self awareness in leotards and bikinis.
- Vaginal/Vulvar Dryness or Atrophic Vaginitis: this will add softer and thicker skin and more moisture both internally and externally to make daily life and sexual intercourse more comfortable without the use of hormones.
- Mild to Moderate Stress Incontinence: this will reduce accidents and leakage and may reduce urge symptoms. Along with Kegel Exercises women may avoid the use of mesh slings in their vaginas.
- Sexual or Orgasmic Dysfunction: may result in increased sensitivity, more coordinated and stronger muscular contractions, and ability to achieve orgasms in a shorter time period.
Safety & Comfort
FDA cleared IRB study conducted by ThermiVa physicians makes ThermiVa a safe alternative treatment to surgery for vaginal skin laxity. No blisters, burns, infections, organ or nerve damage have been seen or noted in hundreds of uses. There is no need for anesthetic for this procedure and the heat is not excessive but comfortably warm. There is also no downtime and sexual activity can be resumed after treatment.
Longevity of Results
Results will last for around 9-12 months after treatment.
Before & After Photos
Click on thumbnail to view image
Patients involved in the studies and treatment with Dr. Red Alinsod, who developed the procedure, sent many letters thanking him for the treatment and expressing gratitude for how it improved their lives. You can read some of these letters on the ThermiVa website. Click here to view testimonials.
The ThermiVa Blog offers more behind the scenes details about the procedure.