Radiesse® is a new injectable product for filling folds, lines, and depressions. The advantage of this product is the potential for longer lasting effect.
What is Radiesse made of?
Radiesse® consists of calcium hydroxylapatite suspended in gel (carboxymethylcellulose). Because calcium hydroxylapatite is a normal constituent of bone, it should not elicit a chronic inflammatory or immune response. Additionally, the gel carrier doesn’t require allergy testing that may be required with collagen.
Calcium hydroxylapatite has been used in humans for a long time in prosthetic implants in dental, facial, and orthopedic surgery. Animal studies and use of the injectable product in vocal cords, bladder and neck areas have shown that the product remains soft without new bone formation when injected into soft tissue. The longest term studies come form Italy and suggest that Radiesse® shows promise as a new agent for facial contouring with no serious side effects and reasonable efficacy and durability.
Radiesse® is not yet approved by the FDA for aesthetic uses, but approval is expected soon.
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
Radiesse Patient Education Video
RELATED TOPICS AND OUR DOCTORS IN THE NEWS
- Information on other Fillers
- Download Restylane & Perlane Brochure
- Which Age-Defying Method Is Right for You?
- How to look your best during each decade of your life.
- FOR BEAUTIFUL LIPS, A HOST OF SIMPLE AND SPEEDY PROCEDURES IS AVAILABLE
- Injection Perfection?
- SKIN SIGNS OF AGING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM: Leading dermatologist Dr. Joshua Fox discusses symptoms & solutions.
- WRINKLE REDUCTION
- COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES INCREASE.
- Skin Care in Your 40s
- FALSE EXPECTATIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- VIEW MORE OF OUR DOCTORS IN THE NEWS ARTICLES