What is Restylane Lyft?
Restylane Lyft, formally known as Perlane, is an injectable cosmetic dermal filler that has been used to soften wrinkles and facial folds of patients across the world. It is also a popular filler for lip augmentation, facial depressions, and facial scarring. Lyft is made from non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA) gel. This means that Lyft contains no animal products. Since hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the skin and other tissue, there is no need for a skin test when using Restylane Lyft filler.The hyaluronic acid in Lyft supplements the body’s natural supply, which becomes depleted with age. Restylane Lyft is biodegradable so its effects are not permanent. The results of a Restylane Lyft filler treatment tend to last six months to a year. This is much longer than the typical results of collagen injections, which may only last three to six months. Lyft can be used in conjunction with Dysport, which neutralizes the muscles that create wrinkles, but Restylane Lyft simply reduces the visibility of wrinkles and folds.
What areas of the face can be treated with Restylane Lyft?
The hyaluronic acid in Restylane Lyft can be used to improve the contour of facial skin and to reduce wrinkles, folds, scars, and other facial skin depressions. Common uses for Restylane Lyft filler include:
- Wrinkle correction
- Diminishing worry lines, smile lines, crow’s feet, marionette lines at corners of the mouth, and smoker’s lines
- Lip enhancement
- Reducing the severity of nasolabial folds
- Chin augmentation
- Filling cheek depressions
- Redefining lip border
- Softening acne scars
Other, less common, uses for Restylane Lyft filler include:
- Filling hollows under the eyes
- Creating a temporary eyebrow lift
- Correcting facial depressions caused by fat loss
- Softening the appearance of jowls
Restylane® vs. Restylane Lyft
Restylane Lyft is primarily the same product as Restylane®, but Lyft filler contains a larger concentration of hyaluronic acid. Because of this higher concentration of hyaluronic acid, Lyft is usually used for larger folds, while Restylane® is better suited for smaller wrinkles or to maintain the results of a previous Restylane Lyft injection.
Because of the differing levels of hyaluronic acid, Restylane® is less expensive than Restylane Lyft filler.
RELATED TOPICS AND OUR DOCTORS IN THE NEWS
- Which Age-Defying Method Is Right for You?
- How to look your best during each decade of your life.
- FOR BEAUTIFUL LIPS, A HOST OF SIMPLE AND SPEEDY PROCEDURES IS AVAILABLE
- Injection Perfection?
- SKIN SIGNS OF AGING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM: Leading dermatologist Dr. Joshua Fox discusses symptoms & solutions.
- WRINKLE REDUCTION
- COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES INCREASE.
- Skin Care in Your 40s
- FALSE EXPECTATIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- VIEW MORE OF OUR DOCTOR’S IN THE NEWS ARTICLES